As a Mother and an Artist and a Worker I WANT IT ALL!!

5.30 am

I have been thinking about how it is for women who try to make art a large part of their lives and still manage to keep everything else going at the same time.

As a person (with 4 children) who has little time to think without being asked for something or where something is or what time dinner is ready, I have decided to use this extra time as a gift to myself.

I write alot about being awake this early, recalling memories which I write in this blog, finishing paintings, getting organised for an easier day or week.

I have made a claim on these sleepless hours, these hours are mine, they are for thinking and painting and writing, without disturbance. This morning I have been awake since 5am and up since 5.30.

I am ready for the day because I have fulfilled some parts of me with the goodness I need to keep me going.

I may crash like a rock in the ocean later when having not much sleep catches me up, but, I don't actually care at this moment in time.

I have to take what I can get.



Comments