The Botanical Gardens in Oxford - A Perfectly Colourful Day Out

When I was in Uni at Oxford Brookes I used to love walking down the hill to the Botanical Gardens to wander around the green houses and take in the colour and shapes of the plants.

Luckily because I was a student I didn't have to pay to get in but I think it is only £5 per person for a day ticket anyway.

Here are some photographs I took last time I was there. I really need to visit it again soon to have a proper look at the collections and glass houses. Maybe this time I will take a sketch book, a camera and a picnic.

I think that my favourites were the Cacti and the Tropical Jungle plants.

The gardens outside are perfect for a picnic and their seasonal flower beds are good reminders of what we should all being doing at home in our own gardens.

The Botanical Gardens are perfect proof that you don't need to travel all the way to Cornwall to visit The Eden Centre to get topped up with inspiration and the goodness that comes from viewing the many wonders of the plant world.

Here are some of the photos I took the last time I went. You can view more of my photos here on Flickr






All photographs on this blog are copyright LynneD Jones






Comments