Southern Comfort and a few of my favourite books...

I say that these are a few of my favourite books loosely as some of them I am yet to read.

This is also one of my favourite drinks, Southern Comfort, in a heavy whisky tumbler, straight up.

I haven't had a drink of this for ages, maybe I should. It's a drink that makes me laugh and become as talkative as I was when I was a teenager in school.

You can't talk and read a book at the same time though unless you are reading out loud, then you are kind of talking in a reading sort of way.

Anyway.
I digress.

Some of my favourite books
are
below
in this photograph. that I took in my kitchen a couple of years ago.

The books were piled there because I don't think we had long moved in and I had to get rid of my big bookcase because it didn't fit into my little house.
My little house is lovely by the way. I love it more and more as we make it comfortable and become cosy here.

My favourite book in the pile shown below is 'The Earth Hums in B Flat' by Mari Strachen.

It is a wonderful tale of welshness, youth, imagination, peoples lives and harder times.

It tells tales of stories within stories, dreams within dreams and trying to figure other people out.

For those of us that remember the magic around us when we were young this book is for you.

For those of you that don't remember the magic this book may jog your memory.

And for those who have read 'Blackberry Wine' by Joanne Harris. I make a connection between these books because they both bring the same kind of unreal real-ness to the table.

I don't want to spoil it for you.

So I won't.

Carry on.


Photo Credit Lynne D Jones 2014





Comments